MONTH OF BIRTHRIGHT POSSESSIONS
“One With Christ”
“But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.” I Corinthians 6:17 KJV
“And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.” Romans 8:17
To Know Christ is to know His benefits. The work which Jesus Christ has accomplished on our behalf is efficient because of who He is in His person. Therefore, all that He has done for us will not be of any value to us if it remains outside of us. Christ has bestowed His benefits to us by joining us to Himself. That is why the supreme evangelical truth is union with Christ. To be one with Christ is the sum of the gospel. The very starting point of the gospel is that we are one with Christ. In His incarnation, Christ took what was ours and made it His own, and He has invested what is ours with what is His.
This is the resume of what, the man of God, Dr. Shawn Smith, taught during the traditional end of month GCM family gathering under the theme, “One with Christ”. The man of God explained the significance of being saved as being one (united) with Jesus Christ who Himself as the Son of God is one with His Father, the Father whom He calls the living Father in whom He lives. Jesus Christ is the living saviour in whom we are saved.
Presenting his subject of the day, Dr. Shawn Smith presented the only apostle who was ordained by the Lord Jesus Christ after His ascension and session at the right hand of the Father; Paul, the apostle of grace. He explained that Paul was given a phrase which is the consummate declaration of the gospel. This phrase is the ultimate statement and nothing could be said beyond this statement which could be higher or more excellent than the statement, “In Christ”, found one hundred and sixty eight (168) times in Paul’s epistles. It is the most used and repeated statement in the whole Bible. Dr. Shawn noted that notwithstanding this, there are many who manage to bypass this statement. This statement, “In Christ”, is the sum of the gospel. The statement implies that what He is, we are, where He is we are, what He has we have. This is so because we are in Christ.
We are co-heirs; heirs in union with Christ, of the same heart and of the same mind. This is what we are. What Christ holds in His power because of His name or identity, we hold together with Him because we have the same identity. We were represented and included in His sufferings, we equally participate in the glory of His resurrection, so we are heirs of equal power and equal right. What Jesus Christ is entitled to inherit and hold in His power by virtue of His identity is equally in my power to hold, because He gave us His name.
- Thanking the Father that we are heirs in union with Christ, of the same heart and of the same mind;
- Thanking the Father that because Jesus Christ is the living saviour in whom we are saved, our salvation can never be contested;
- Thanking the Father that because salvation implies union with the saviour, we are not waiting for salvation apart of the saviour in us and external from ourselves;
- Thanking the Father that we discern and perceive our union with Christ and that we share in common that which pertains to Christ;
- That throughout this month, by virtue of our union with Christ, we will acknowledge what is already true in us by virtue of that which is true in the Son;
- Thanking the Father that what Christ holds in His power because of His name or identity, we hold together with Him because we have the same name or identity;
- That throughout this month we will rest our minds in the revelation of our union with Christ and we will assume this identity as real that we are what He is because we are one with Him;
- That as we will be satisfied with Christ, there is absolutely nothing in this world that will not be our possession;
- Thanking the Father that now that we perceive that we are indissolubly one with Christ then we are heirs with Christ;
- Thanking the Father that Christ is risen from the dead, in death, trampling upon death, and to those who were in the tomb and in hell, He granted life;
- Glorifying the Father that the name of Jesus is not only confessed among the living, but that He has given Him a name and at the mention of the name of Jesus every knee bows, of things in heaven, on earth and under the earth;
- Magnifying the Father that Jesus Christ is the conqueror of death and hell (Rev. 1:18);
- Thanking the Father that since we are born in the Son, and the quality of our sonship is enfolded in His sonship, we are heirs of God;
- Thanking the Father that because we are His heirs, He has passed everything over to us;
- Thanking the Father that we were joined with Christ in His sufferings, and when He was glorified, we were glorified with Him, and now all that is His is ours as well;
- That as we acknowledge and appreciate the all-encompassing gifts of God in the Son and the extremities of His generosity, we will enter into the experience of all of the Father’s gifts in every sphere of life;
- Eternal Father, you have given us new birth in your Son Jesus Christ, we acknowledge that you have given us all things together with the Son. Today we acknowledge the extremities of your generosity given in your Son Jesus Christ;
- Thanking the Father that we will understand what it means to be heirs of God and the revelation of our heirship of God will continue to resonate within our inner man;
- That the Church will receive the Pauline vision of God; the God who withholds nothing, and the God who has given everything together with His Son;
- Thanking the Father that because we were represented and included in His sufferings, we equally participate in the glory of His resurrection, and so we are heirs of equal power and equal right.
Because we have been birth in the Son, we are the heirs of God. And we are heirs because we are heirs together with the Son, the one whose right it is to hold in His power by virtue of His name. For if we were represented and included in His suffering, then we were glorified also together with Him. And it is in His power to hold all things because of the name which He was given above every other name. It is His right, and because we are birth in Him, it is our right also.
We’ve been given this birth right in the Son Jesus Christ, that is why we proclaim that beginning from this month, any declaration we make is not limited to time. But as we are unveiling the revelation of Jesus Christ we want people to focus on the Son and to all of the treasures that are in Him.
Beginning from this month of February, you will experience your birth right possessions. Thank you Father!