OUR MONTH OF AWE AND WONDER
The High Priestly Ministry of Jesus Christ
“Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus.” Hebrews 3:1 KJV
“Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such a High Priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens…. But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.” Hebrews 8:1, 6 KJV
The seating of the Lord Jesus Christ is presented as the sum total of the Gospel message. The term seatingimplies that the work of God on behalf of the human race is complete, perfected, finished and there is absolutely nothing that could be added to it. The fact that He is seated at the right hand of the Father also implies equality, a position of honour and equality bestowed. We have such a High Priest.
Jesus Christ didn’t give us a relationship with God, He is our relationship with God. Jesus Christ is the eyes by which we see the Father, He is the mouth by which we pray to the Father, He is the ears by which we hear the Father, He is the hands by which we offer our service to the Father, and He is the feet by which we walk to the Father(Maximus the Confessor).
It is important to understand the meaning of priesthood. A priest is one who has been given authority to minister to God on behalf of the people. He is an official functionary (priest) in a relation of representing people before God and presenting God before people. The priesthood ministry is peculiar in that it is a relation that represents people to God. The ordained priesthood represents men and their affairs before God. We are presented before God in the God-man Christ Jesus, complete and wanting nothing. This is the more excellent ministry, it is greater than when Jesus walked the Earth. And this is the reason why He is not here today in a flesh and bone body.
Throughout this month I am going to be teaching you on the present day ministry of Jesus, in all of His multiple offices, that is what we are going to see this month.“And greater works than these will you do because I go to the Father.” Because I will ascend and occupy a greater ministry, the authority you will exercise in my name will be greater. Greater than what you saw in the Earthly ministry of Jesus.
As we behold the ministry of Jesus throughout this month of February, we will experience awe and wonder. February is the month of awe and wonder.
- Thank you Father for Jesus Christ our High Priest– for such a High Priest whom the Father has consecrated forevermore to represent us before Him. Today we acknowledge your care for us as High Priest
- Thank you Lord Jesus that you came and took on our humanity and lived a whole course of obedience, taking the failed career of Adam and defended the cause of humanity by doing for us what we were unable to do for ourselves, that is to say yes to God where Adam had said no, and to rectify the corrupted human nature
- Thank you Lord Jesus that you are the minister and official functionary who sanctifies and consecrates this body (tabernacle) and makes it acceptable to God
- Thank you Father that there is a priesthood that is occupied by Jesus Christ Himself, and every single matter, detail and affair of our life is presented to the Father by Him where He is seated at the right hand of God
- Thank you Father that the seating of the Lord Jesus Christ implies that the work of God on behalf of the human race is complete, perfected, finished and there is absolutely nothing that could be added to it
- Thank you Lord Jesus that in your physical body you are representing us before God in yourself. Thank you that we are presented before God in the God-man Christ Jesus
- Thank you Lord Jesus that all that You are in devotion to the Father, all that you are in your worship to the Father includes us. Thank you that we are included in the “Abba, Father” that you utter to the Father by the same Spirit that has been given to us, that we are included in the Amen that You utter to the Father
- Thank you Lord Jesus that what you have fulfilled on behalf of the whole human race in this more excellent ministry can never be changed
- Thank you Lord Jesus that for the past thousand years you have been and continue to be in the immediate presence of the Father for us
- Thank you Father that our relationship with God is revealed in the High Priest Jesus Christ, and since He is High Priest according to the power of an endless life, that relation is by no means going to change
- Thank you Father that there is nothing that can diminish the access that we have with you in Him and there’s nothing that can deplete the perfection of Jesus Christ because He has risen as High Priest according to the power of an endless life
- Thank you Father for appointing Jesus as the guarantor of the New Testament; that all the obligations of the New Testament before it was even established have already been fulfilled by the One who is His High Priest, and that Father you have sworn to yourself that this High Priest has finished the work even before He is appointed
- Thank you Lord Jesus that we come to God by you and we acknowledge that your nearness to the Father is our nearness to the Father as such there cannot be at any time a depletion of our access to the Father because we have a High Priest in whom we are brought near to God
- Thank you Lord Jesus that we can rest in confidence, we can trust you with the affairs, the details and aspects of our lives because we have an advocate who lives to settle affairs with the Father concerning us
- Thank you Lord Jesus that you are the eyes by which we see the Father, you are the mouth by which we pray to the Father, you are the ears by which we hear the Father, you are the hands by which we offer our service to the Father and you are our feet by which we walk to the Father.
There are many things about this Man (our High Priest Jesus Christ), that you are yet to know. And these are the matters that I will begin to show. By revelation they will be disclosed and you will understand what lies behind the veil of the unseen; of all that He represents to Me, in holding you within Himself, standing in the office of High Priest.
This more excellent ministry will you know, and as you rest therein, you will begin to flow in the power of an endless life, in the life that He holds behind the veil. I will show them to you, I will disclose them and you will see, says the Spirit of grace.
As you behold Him exalted and glorified in His present day ministry, you will see marvels in His authority, for it shall be a month of awe and wonder for you, says the Spirit of grace.