MONTH OF PERFECT VICTORY
“And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.” I Thessalonians 5:23-24 KJV
“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.” Jude 1:24 KJV
“In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight.” Colossians 1:22 KJV
Throughout the month of June 2015, Dr. Shawn Smith taught on a series he entitled, “Preserved Blameless”. He taught that in Christ Jesus we are preserved blameless. Exegeting Paul’s doxology wherein he sums up his teachings in his epistle to the Thessalonians, Dr. Shawn Smith explained that what God has already done with us in Christ Jesus. He presented God as the God of peace; the one who has established harmony between Himself and all humanity. Peace speaks of our awareness of our oneness with Christ Jesus. It is that stability and sense of security and rest that is produced within us as a result of knowing that we share in the life of Jesus Christ.
Dr. Shawn equally explained that healing is the renewal of an aspect of the image of God in man, either in the soul or in the body. Wholeness goes beyond the mere restoration of a diminished or lost function. Wholeness speaks of being sustained in the state where one’s spirit, soul and body lack absolutely nothing. Sanctification refers to being set apart from evil or that which can cause harm. Sanctification is instantaneous. We have been completely, entirely and perfectly sanctified through and through from every angle and in every aspect, consecrated, raised to the God-class, endowed with the life of God.
Teaching from Galatians 6:15 in the second service, Dr. Shawn Smith expounded on what he termed, “The Canon of the New Creation”; that which matters to God is the new creation in Christ Jesus. He explained that we should never come to the point that we begin to focus on works, rites, ceremonies or the lack thereof which are not important with God. As many as will continue to thread in this line, the peace of God will be upon them. The one thing that we should understand is to keep on reaching for that which Christ has apprehended for us, forgetting the things that lie behind (Philippians 3:12-16): forgetting our failures and weaknesses (things that are behind) to press forward to apprehend that which Christ has apprehended for us.
- Father we thank you that we have been set apart from whatever does not correspond to the nature of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that we have been set apart from evil or whatever can cause harm;
- Thanking the Father that He has established harmony between Himself and all humanity;
- Thanking the Father that He has brought us through half of this year;
- That the only thing we consider ourselves to have apprehended is one thing, to forget that which is behind to lay hold of that which is before(because we are walking according to the canon of the new Creation), that is, the things that Christ Jesus has laid hold for me;
- Thanking the Father that we have been completely, thoroughly, entirely and perfectly sanctified through and through from every angle and in every aspect, consecrated, raised to the God-class, and endowed with the life of God;
- Thanking the Father that right now we are continually kept in a state where we are without fault and preserved sound in the immediate presence of our Lord until His glorious appearing;
- Thanking the Father that His power is operating in a manner that He will not fail to preserve us from falling;
- Thanking the Father that He is faithful and His power will not fail to keep us from being cast down from a state of prosperity, to fail to participate in the life of Christ, to miss a share in messianic salvation, to perish and to be removed from power by death;
- Thanking the Father that we are presented to Him in the Body of Jesus’ flesh, in a manner that when He died we died as well, when He was buried, we were buried, when He was quickened, raised and seated we were quickened, raised and seated as well; what happened to Him happened to us;
- We thank you Father that your power is operating faithfully and will not fail to preserve us from falling from prosperity;
- Thanking the Father that we cannot lose our prosperity because His power is faithful to preserve us;
- Thank the Father that that which matters to God is the new creation;
- Thank you Father that the marks upon the body of the Lord Jesus are sufficient certification that we belong to Him;
This is our month of perfect victory; the victory of Christ in your life is perfect. His triumph is perfect, His authority is perfect, His dominion is perfect. We are moving from How Much More to Perfect Victory.
Wherever you thought you were experiencing defeat, as you hear these words enter your ear, you are victorious. You are more than a conqueror. You have passed the level of conquering. Jesus conquered not that we conquer. He conquered so that we have passed the level of conquering.
The reason why Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father is that there is nothing left to conquer. He conquered everything. He conquered sin, He conquered sickness, He conquered death, and He conquered all, and we have passed the level of conquering because he gave us His perfect victory. That is what you will experience in this month of July. Perfect victory, perfect victory, perfect victory.