JULY OUR MONTH OF EFFECTIVENESS
(OUR KNOWLEDGE OF GOD)
“And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son…And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us…And we know that we are of God…And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.” I John 5:11, 14, 19-20
For this year’s traditional mid-year celebration, the man of God, Dr. Shawn Smith, convened a special five-day long gathering under the theme; “Now Are We The Sons of God”. In the last session of the celebration, he ministered on the subject; “Our Knowledge of God”. In the course of that session, he expounded on three kinds of knowledge on the basis of three New Testament Greek words translated as knowledge: epignosis, ginosko and eido.
He explained that epignosis refers toa system of comprehensive knowledge, expert knowledge which is utilised, or detailed, accurate and precise knowledge. ginosko refers to experiencing what you know, that is, knowledge which goes beyond the details of knowledge to the experience of the knower with His knowledge. He exegeted eido as absolute knowledge which settles you in certainties according to the testimony which God has given in His Son. It is the kind of knowledge which gives assurance and confidence.
He expounded on five certainties of eido knowledge which we have in the Son. These are unquestionable and absolute issues of knowledge which are not subject to debate. The first certainty that we have eternal life now, synonymous to eternal salvation, which is the life of the Son in us which preserves us eternally (I John 5:9-12). The second certainty is that as Sons we know that we haveguaranteed audience and whatever we ask or want, it is the measure of God’s will to hear us (I John 5:14, John 11:42, Luke 11:13). The third certainty is that we know that we have unconditional security (I John 5:18) – Christ in the believer preserves the believer. The fourth certainty is our belonging and divine origin, that we know that we are of God (I John 5:19). The fifth certainty is that we know the true God, and we know is that He has sent His Son and the knowledge that we have in the Son is the knowledge of the true God (I John 5:20). Any other god other than the God revealed in the man Christ Jesus is a story from the mind of man.
At the close of the celebration, the man of God prophetically declared that in this month of Effectiveness, what you know will make you effective this month. Receive the efficacy of Christ for your month of effectiveness.
- Thank you Father that because we acknowledge that we are identified within the Father-Son relation, we experience the unsearchable riches of Christ;
- Thank you Father for the detailed, accurate, precise, and expert knowledge of Jesus Christ which is utilised, that we may not merely know that Christ lives in us, but we will experience Christ living in us;
- Thank you Father for absolute knowledge which settles us in the certainties that you have given as Your testimony in your Son and we who believe in Your Son possess within ourselves the attestation given in Him;
- Thank you Father that by believing in your Son, we presently possess within ourselves what you have testified of Your Son, which is what You say of us;
- Thank you Father for the certainty that we have in Your Son that we have eternal life now, which is the life of the Son in us which preserves us eternally;
- Thank you Father that we have the settled confidence of guaranteed audience that whatever we ask, it is the measure of your will to hear us;
- Giving glory to the Father that we have the certainty that because we are born of Him we cannot produce what is not of Him;
- Father thank you that we have unconditional security because are so identified with Christ that Christ watching over us is Him watching over Himself and that Christ in us preserves us;
- Thank you Father for our belonging and divine origin, for the certainty of knowing that we are of God and we are not in the toil and frustration of trying to gain salvation by works;
- Thank you Father that You came in the man Christ Jesus to give us an understanding to know Him that is true and to know that we are in Him that is true and what we believe about Him is the truth about the Father;
- Thank you Father that we know the true God because the knowledge that we have in the Son is the knowledge of the true God;
I have laid before you my intentions and plans bare to behold. No longer are they hidden, now they are told. They have not been kept in a corner or laid aside, they are shown to you. These are things that you can walk in, these are things that can be applied. For they are not things which you can counteract or deny. It is the truth of my Son, certain, says the Father.
The truth given to you to establish your certainty, the things shown to you that you may know all that you are in me. I have brought you to a time of demarcation, that you may know your separation. For those who are between two opinions, you need to shift in your mind, to allow my Spirit to enlighten your sight. For the things that many call light in effect is darkness. And the things that they think they believe is not established in me. But now I show my purposes and intents, I lay them bare that all can see that my own Son I did not spare, but I voluntarily gave Him up that He might suffer for all that in Him you may freely receive the things that have been given in me.
The knowledge of these things will cause you to be effective, effective, effective. Effective service, says the Spirit of the Father. For you will not do things as though you were simply fulfilling a requirement. No! But from a conviction that rises from within, through leadings and perceptions, through energies that come from within, says the Spirit of grace. Amen
In this month receive effectiveness, this is our month of effectiveness. Effectiveness in God’s plans, effectiveness in His intentions, effectiveness in your service, that we will exceed, supersede what we’ve known in the past. Receive the efficacy of Christ for your month of effectiveness. The effectiveness of Christ, the effectiveness of the New Covenant, the effectiveness of the revelation of the mystery in your life. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.