OUR MONTH OF CONSECRATION
SONS OF THE BLESSED
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.” Ephesians 1:3 KJV
“But he held His peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked Him, and said unto Him, areyou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, I Am…” Mark 14:61-62 KJV
“Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.”Romans 9:5 KJV
“The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knows that I lie not.”
2Corinthians 11:31 KJV
“According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.” 1Timothy 1:11 KJV
One of the titles we received as a result of the adoption is “sons of the Blessed”. We are sons of the Blessed. The “Blessed” is the sacred name of God. At His trial our Lord, Jesus did not intend to answer any questions in order to fulfil prophecy (Isaiah 53:7), but when the High Priest invoked the sacred name of God it was so powerful that it broke the silence of Jesus and He was forced to reveal His sacred messianic identity.
The title of God as the Blessed God is so sacred that if we are to understand what it means, it will break the silence of God in our lives.That title of God is an oath in itself, meaning that what is said after invoking it is truth. One of the titles of the Gospel is the glorious Gospel of the Blessed God, and the title of God as the Blessed God infers that He cannot lie.
The term “blessed” used in I Timothy 1:11 is the term “Makarios” which means the happy God. You cannot be begotten of the happy God without a genetic infusion of His happiness. We have come to know the God who was willing to suffer as man so that we should have the happiness of God. The happy God has made us happy. Makarios doesn’t just mean happy, it means to lavish fortune. He is the fortune lavishing God. This gospel is the gospel of the fortune lavishing God and we have an inheritance that has been bequeath to us by which we are blessed. To blessed also means to be envied, to be spiritually and materially prosperous, with the life of joy and satisfaction regardless of your outward condition.
God is the first blessed, the proto-blessed, the One who is at the origin of all blessing. The One who is worthy of all praise and glorification. God has transferred His state of blessedness to us, making us worthy of that which He is worthy, glorifying us together with Himself.
The signature of the Gospel is that you and I are in Christ, and we cannot be in Him without being what He is. The epignosis (knowledge) of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the acknowledgment of all that we are in Him, of all that we have in Him, of where we are in Him, of what we can do in Him. These details of the “In Christ” declarations are the details of the revelation given by the Lord Jesus Christ to the Apostle Paul.
Grace means that the Father has unconditionally and unreservedly given us all things together with the Son. God has shared with us the things which belong to God by exclusive right. But He first qualified us and made us worthy of receiving that which is His by right, and in that He gave it to us. The believer in Christ Jesus is not lacking in anything. That which he may lack is simply the knowledge of that which already belongs to him.
This month we shall begin to see all that He has given us as He has consecrated us in Him (Hebrews 2:11). This month is the month of consecration and we are going to learn to exercise godliness, we are going to learn to operate in the virtues of Jesus Christ, we are going to learn how to walk in the spirit, we are going to learn how to hearken to the inner man, how to converse with the inner man, because throughout this month we are going to walk and learn about He who sanctifies and they that are sanctified in consecration.
- Thank you blessedFather that we have come to know you as the God who was willing to suffer as man so that we should have your happiness;
- Thank you blessedFather that we are sons of the Blessed;
- Thank you blessedFather for the gospel of the fortune lavishing God which announces to us that we have an inheritance that has been bequeath to us by which we are blessed;
- Thank you blessedFather that you have transferred your state of blessedness to us making us worthy of that which you are worthy, glorifying us together with yourself;
- Thank you blessedFather that you qualified us and made us worthy of receiving that which is yours by right, and in that you gave it to us;
- Thank you blessedFather for showing us the extent to which your love goes and that we know what it is to be loved by you and trust in your love for us;
- Thank you blessedFather that all that is in the Son, who is the Son of the Blessed, you have also bequeath to us by speaking of us everything that is in your Son;
- Thank you blessedFather that Jesus Christ is the prototype of our design and when we look at Him we see revealed what we are;
- Thank you blessed Father that the truth of the Gospel is that we are sons of the Blessed and we are as blessed as you are forever;
- Thank you blessedFather that we have a God-given guarantee that can neither fail nor be broken and we have received irrevocable gifts from you;
- Thank you blessed Father that you have transferred every quality of your Son in us in a wonderful exchange;
- Thank you blessed Father that you have made us happy, you have made us glad and you have made us celebrants of the grace that is eternal;
If you will commune with the invisible and touch the things pertaining to the Spirit, you will hear things that the Father has planned before the worlds were formed, and you will know the path in which you should walk.
For you shall not be confused, you shall walk in the path prepared and you shall know the times and the seasons and you shall know when to make a turn to the places that I have ordained you to be in. For within your inner man, you will pick up the mind of the heavenly and you will walk in it says the Father.
For I have not called you to walk in confusion – to analyse everything from your reasoning. I have asked you to rely upon me and to learn how to be guided from within.
For have you not read that the spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord. I will enlighten you says the Father, I will give you inward information and there will be impact and there will be great results, for you will walk upon them says God.
Many times where there have been obstacles you have stood back, for you did not have within you the confidence of hearing from me of what I have said that cannot be changed and you looked at the appearance and the sight thereof and you drew back and you lost your confidence and as a result great blessings were missed.
But this time I am calling upon you to exercise your senses in the things of the Spirit. Learn to walk by them and not hold back. Learn to be prompt to obey the hearings, murmurings and promptings of your spirit and not the dictates of your flesh, but those soft whispers that come to your inner man when you pray and when you are in fellowship with the Father and when your thoughts are on the things that are whole, noble, pure and good. These are the medium through which I will transfer those ideas to you and you will hear them.
For there are many who walk upon a path with great trial and adversity simply because they did not follow the leading of the inner witness and they gave themselves into great hurt and harm because they did not follow the peace within. If you follow my leading you will avert tragedy and you will increase greatly says the Father.
Learn how to commune with your spirit, for therein are all the resources of heaven deposited. Thank you Father.