Our month of THE TESTIMONY OF GOD
“The Gold Standard of God’s Wisdom”
“For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom did not know God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe.For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;But unto those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God(…) But of him are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.”
I Corinthians 1:21-30KJV
“And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified (…)That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”
I Corinthians 2:1-5 KJV
According to what the Apostle Paul expounds as the wisdom of God, it is the intelligence of God relating to His plan; the way He perceives and knows us. The gold standard of God’s wisdom received within God’s wisdom reveals the way we are to approach the world in presenting Christ in a pluralistic society. In the presentation of the wisdom of God, people come into confrontation with this wisdom with their own form of wisdom.
The wisdom of God and the power of God is Christ and Him crucified. God veils His strength in what people call weak and veils His wisdom in what people call foolish so that there is nothing that anyone can accomplish to fulfil His wisdom and none can glory by means of his/her own self.
The wisdom of God is the testimony of God which perceives humanity through the finality of the cross. The testimony of God is God’s statement concerning humanity that has justified humanity. The first aspect of the wisdom of God is the revelation of our righteousness and perfection, not as a requirement but as already true concerning us. The second aspect is the revelation of what God has completed and prepared for us. The third aspect is the knowledge of all that has been freely given. Another aspect of the wisdom of God is the ability to judge all teachings whether they are human or divine because we have the criteria of His standard of wisdom.
- God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we thank you for revealing to us your intelligence relating to your plan, how you perceive and know us and how we are to approach the world in presenting Christ in a pluralistic world;
- Father as sons in Christ we thank you for making us witnesses of Christ and not of ourselves;
- Father of glory, as heirs in Christ we thank you for your wisdom which is your testimony which perceives humanity through the finality of the cross of Christ;
- Thank you Father for your wisdom which is the revelation of our righteousness and perfection which is not a requirement;
- Father as sons and daughters in Christ we are thankful that your Gospel presents every person as perfect in Christ, made righteous and complete in Him which is the wisdom of Christ and Him crucified;
- Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, as heirs in Christ, we thank you that you have presented to us that your wisdom is the revelation of all the things that you have completed for us and not the presentation of the things we need to do to prepare ourselves for you;
- Father as sons and daughters in Christ we thank you for the knowledge of all that you have freely given to us.