Here in is the declaration of doctrine as believed and taught by Gospel of Christ ministries. This statement of faith generally and specifically defines the cardinal truths of our profession as revealed in the Holy Scriptures.
- We believe there is One Living and True God who has revealed Himself in Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, infinitely Perfect and Eternal in existence and equal in glory, power and majesty. (Genesis 1:26; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matt 28:19, 2Cor 13:14, 1John 5:7)
- We believe in the Holy scriptures, the Bible when rightly interpreted by the Holy Spirit to be the inerrant inspired Word of God. The complete revelation of His divine will for humanity and the supreme authority of our faith. We accept the New Testament as our infallible guide and rule in all matters pertaining to conduct, doctrine and practice (Matt 24:35; Luke 24:27; Romans 15:4; 1Cor 10:11; 2Timothy 3:16; 2Pet 1:21).
- We believe in the creation of man, and his subsequent fall, with the result that he without God is in a state of spiritual depravity, is unable to attain divine righteousness by means of his own works, thus is in need of a Saviour (Rom 3:23; 5:12-19; 6:23; Eph 2:1-3).
- We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, truly God and truly Man. He lived a perfect humanity and revealed the glory of the Father and the express image of His Person during His earthly ministry. His death upon the cross was substitutionary in nature on behalf of humanity. He was declared to be the Son of God with power by His resurrection as the first begotten of the dead. He personally appeared to His disciples in His glorified body and ascended to the right hand of majesty on high, where He presently executes His celestial ministry as the Head of the Church, the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, our advocate with the Father, our Intercessor and the Bishop of our souls.
His finished work of redemption reversed the curse concerning the spirit, soul and body of the first Adam as the last man, thus beginning a completely New Creation in the Heavenly Image of the Second Man (Col 2:9, Is 9:6, 7:4, Matt 1:18-25; Is 53; 2Co 5:21; Dan 9:24-27; Rom 3:21-31; Heb 9 & 10; Zeph 12:10; Rev 1:1-18).
- We believe in personal regeneration, that one must personally place their trust in Jesus Christ to experience salvation. This salvation is the gift of God bestowed unto man separate and apart from the works of the law, and is operative by grace alone through the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ producing eternal life (Eph. 1:13; Gal 2:20; Eph. 2:8-9; 1John 5:13).
- We believe in the holy ordinance of water baptism by immersion as a direct commandment of the Lord, and is for believers only. The ordinance is a figure of the believer’s identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.
The following recommendation regarding the baptismal formula is adopted, to wit, “on the confession of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and by his authority, I baptize you in the Name of Lord Jesus Christ, in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen” (Matt 16:16; Acts 2:38; Rom 2:28; 6:1-4; Col 2:11-12).
- We believe in the holy ordinance of the Eucharist, the Lord’s Supper, as a testimony of our union with Christ and the celebration of His propitiatory sacrifice. We discern the elements of the Holy Communion, the bread and the cup of blessing to be the body and blood of the Lord. (1Cor 10:16-17; 1Cor 11:23-26).
- We believe in sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until the consummation of salvation of Christ’s return (1Cor 1:30; 1Cor 6:11; 7:1, Eph. 5:25-27; Col 3:8).
- We believe that the fruit of the Spirit is the Divine Nature and character of the Lord Jesus Christ implanted in the recreated human spirit of the believer at the moment of conversion (Rom 5:5; Gal 5:22-23; 2Pet 1:3-4; 1John 3:1-3).
- We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross has provided healing and is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith and the laying on of hands, and it is the right of every member of the church (Gal 3:13-14; James 5:13-16; 1Pet 2:24).
- We believe in the infilling of the Holy Spirit as a gift from God promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers and is received subsequent to the New Birth. This experience is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. (Acts 1:8; Luke 24:4; Rom 8:26-27; 1Cor 14:2).
- We believe in the Grace gifts of the Holy Spirit as the supernatural ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ fully operating in the Church today, and that every member should flow in them. These nine manifestations are: the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, the discerning of spirits, the gift of faith, the working of miracles, the gift of healing, the gift of tongues, the gift of interpretation of tongues and the gift of prophecy (Acts 1:8; 1Cor 12:8-10; Heb. 2:3-4).
- We believe in the New Testament order of Worship given in the church today. This includes the proper use of lyrics which are worthy of the glory of Jesus Christ, ascribing praise to Him, celebrating His completed saving work, in the lifting of hands, singing, bowing, dancing and playing of instruments (Heb 13:5).
- We believe all authority centres in Jesus Christ and He has delegated His authority in the jurisdiction of the home domestically, the local church ecclesiastically, and the civil government (Ps 62:11; Eph 5:22-25; 6:1-4; Rom 13:1-7).
- We believe in the theocratic local Church Government with elders, deacons and saints. The Divine order in the New Testament maintains a plurality of eldership and leadership, but there is always a set man at any given time with distinctive authority to pastor the flock of God (1Tim 3:1-13; Phil 1:1).
- We believe in the priesthood of all Saints, that every member of the Church of Jesus Christ has the power and authority to act in the Name of God on the earth. (Mark 16:15-18; 1Pet 2:9; Rev 1:5).
- We believe in the full restoration of the fivefold ascension gift ministries that Jesus Christ sent to equip and mature the Church: Apostles, Prophets, Evangelist, Pastor-Teachers for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edification of the body of Christ. These ministry gifts are fully operational in the church, in called men and women today (Eph. 2:20; 3:1-5; 4:11-15; Col 1:24-26).
- We believe that the kingdom of God is a present reality and will expand until the knowledge of His Lordship covers the earth. The government of God is the purpose of God. It is the extension of His rule and dominion in the earth and the universe. The Church universal and local, mystical and tangible, invisible and visible, is the instrument through which that purpose is to be realized (Gen 1:26-28; Dan 2:44-45; 7:27; Hab 2:14; Mark 1:14-15; Rom 14:17; Eph 3:21; Heb 12:25-29; Rev 1:4-6; 5:10; 11:15; 19:1-6).
- We believe in God’s judgment past, present and future. Our sins were judged in Christ, it is ‘appointed unto men once to die’ and Jesus met that appointment. After that we are to stand in His presence and learn how to righteously judge ourselves in view of our identification with Him. Thirdly, we shall be judged, for every man will give account of himself in that day, the judge of all the earth shall do right for his judgements are unto victory. In the same time to come, the Church will execute and administrate the judgement which he has given when we judge the world and the angels (Gen 18:25; Ecc 12:14; Matt 5:13-14; 12:20; Jn 5:22; Acts 17:31; Rom 2:16; 14:10-12; 1Cor 6:1-3; 2Cor 5:10; 2Thess 2:7-10; Heb 9:27; 12:23; Rev 20:12).
- We believe in the resurrection, past, present and future. Our spirit was resurrected from a state of spiritual death and passed unto life when we were born from above and translated unto His kingdom. Our soul is being transformed, our minds renewed from glory to glory by the Spirit of the Lord; our mortal bodies are presently made alive and quickened by the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead.
Ultimately, there will be a resurrection in which He shall change these vile bodies and fashion them like unto His own glorious body. Not all will sleep; there is a generation who will pass into life and immortality (Ps 16:10; 17:15; Jn 5:24; 11:25; Rom 8:11, 23; 12:1-2; 1Cor 15; 2Cor 3:18; 5:6-10; Col 1:9-13; Phil 3:11; 2Tim 1:10-11).
- We believe in the Mystery of Christ and the Church. That Christ is the seed of Abraham and that we are the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus and have put on Christ thus becoming one with Him as the seed of Abraham and heirs of the promise. We are God’s holy nation, the chosen generation, the true circumcision, the heavenly Jerusalem, the spiritual Israel. (Rom 2:28-29; 9:6, 15:8; Acts 3:13; Gal 3:7, 16, 29; 1Peter 2:9-10; Phil 3:3; Heb 12:22-24).
- We believe that the Father has given the earth to the children of men. The earth belongs to the Lord and the Church and not “the devil”. As kings and priests, we shall reign on earth (Ps. 115:16; 1Cor 3:22-23; Rev 5:10).
- We believe in the coming of the Lord. Jesus is coming now in Spirit to be glorified in the saints, and He will come literally with the saints once His enemies are made His footstool, once He has restored all things spoken by His holy prophets since the world began. (2Thess 1:10; Acts 3:19-21; Ps 110:1-3; 2Cor 5:14-16).
- We believe in charity and benevolence towards all men of all creeds and religions in all the earth as a testimony of the love our Saviour for all humanity (Gal 6:10, Matt 5:44)